Monday, June 28, 2010

Lasagna..conquered

Ok just to make myself feel better about the cookie disaster (oh yea they never did turn out right) I had to let everyone know that yes I actually made dinner the other night. Miss Paula Dean's lasagna. And yes, it turned out perfectly. I strapped that baby on my chest and she slept through the whole process. The whole hour and a half it took to make. I had forgotten what a process it was to make. Anyways, it was a good recipe except that it called for seven, yes seven, different cheeses. No butter though, odd. In the future I would leave out the Greyere, because after adding swiss it was a little redundant. Also as I crumbled up an entire stick of cream cheese I realized how ridiculously unhealthy this was, so yes I'd leave that out too or at least cut it in half. And finally, it needed sausage, not just ground beef. I'll try and put up a link to the recipe if anyone is interested.

Yesterday, Madelin and I went to my Uncle and Aunt's for dinner and swimming. Sadly, daddy had to work and missed the fun. She was an perfect all day, and I'm not being sarcastic. She also had her first dip in the pool. Luckily, she loved the water. So as embarrassed as I was to get in with my cheap, mismatched, and hopefully temporary swimsuit it turned out to be a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment