Friday, June 11, 2010

Sleepless Nights and spicy food

So I thought eating while pregnant was a pain. Well, eating while nursing may turn out to be worse. I have (had) a slight addiction to caffeine. They say its alright to have the equivalent to three cups of coffee a day, but after a couple nights up till 4 I'm terrified that me drinking a coke is going to make her be up all night. I'm still wondering if I can enjoy real sushi, so if someone knows the answer to that please let me know. Anyways, so when I made dinner for the first time in, oh I don't know, to two weeks it never occurred to me that spicy food was a no-no. I learned that over and over and over as Madelin fed that night. It was as if I was trying to poison her as she would shake her head back and forth as if to tell me "Noo Mom! I'm only eating this cus I have to." Unfortunately, I mindlessly order the curry tonight, so I'm sure we're in for another late night/early morning.

1 comment:

  1. You can have sushi again! Thankfully. If you're going to have caffeine, don't drink any after dinnertime-that way it won't effect the baby. Everything else you're just going to learn based on her tastes. She will get used to what you eat though. I breastfed Gavin for a little over a year and it will definitely get easier.

    If you have any new mom questions feel free to ask. I asked my sisters some pretty crazy stuff. lol.

    ReplyDelete