Wednesday, June 23, 2010

No Susie homemaker

It had been good day, some might even call it productive. Lots of eating, sleeping, and pooping (Madelin, not me) with bouts of pumping here and there. The house got cleaned, laundry was finished and errands ran. I figured it was safe to start making the cookies I told Andrew I'd make him, um last week. I'm a little ashamed (wait, no I'm not) that its taken a week to make cookies you don't even have to bake. There's only like 6 ingredients for goodness-sakes. What a disaster. It started out all well and good; ingredients out, baby in her carrier watching from a safe distance. Right about the time my sugar and butter started boiling, the dogs started barking like crazy, the baby was screaming and it inevitably boiled over causing a burning smoking mess. In a effort to save the cookies, I shove the dogs outside, put Madelin in her swing all while swinging a pot of boiling sugar in the one hand. Not my brightest idea. Luckily, I managed to get oats and PB mixed in before the baby started screaming again. Forty-five minutes later the cookies finally reached the wax paper. Needless to say, the kitchen is not getting cleaned tonight. Lets hope I get a little better at juggling tasks, otherwise we may be limited to leftovers for awhile.

1 comment:

  1. The multi-tasking will come along after a while. Tell Andrew to stop by Dillons on his way home from work and pick up some cookies! LOL

    Leftovers? Absolutely! I'm pretty sure I fed your hubby Hamburger Helper for a year or more and he survived it! LOL

    Take care!!

    ReplyDelete